LaunchTrends: Tecfidera (US) is a four-wave syndicated report series that specifically tracks the introduction of Tecfidera, the third-to-market oral disease-modifying therapy (DMT), based on primary research data collected at one month, three months, six months and one year post-commercial availability of Tecfidera. Along with awareness and sources of familiarity, the reports assess US neurologists’ trial, adoption and usage of Tecfidera, including anticipated future trends. The reports also provide information on product perceptions, satisfaction, obstacles to use, drivers of prescribing, patient types, displacement of competitors, Biogen Idec’s promotional efforts and benchmarking against other previously launched multiple sclerosis (MS) agents, in particular Gilenya and Aubagio, the first two oral MS therapies to market.
Questions Answered in This Report:
What is the awareness of and familiarity with Tecfidera among neurologists?
What are the perceived clinical advantages and disadvantages of Tecfidera compared to other marketed agents used to treat multiple sclerosis? In particular, what advantages and disadvantages does Tecfidera have over Gilenya and Aubagio neurologists?
How is the trial and adoption of Tecfidera tracking compared to other recent product launches in the MS market?
Where is Tecfidera expected to fit in to the MS treatment algorithm?
What are the current prescribing trends among DMTs and how do neurologists anticipate they will change over the next six months?
What promotional messages and activities is Biogen Idec employing in support of the Tecfidera launch?
~75-100 neurologists complete a 45-minute online quantitative survey with several open-ended questions for qualitative feedback. In addition, 15 surveyed specialists participate in a 30-minute follow-up qualitative interview.
To qualify, repondents must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 20 patients with relapsing remitting MS (RR-MS) under management
- Have been in practice a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 35 years
- More than 75 percent of professional time spent in clinical practice
- Final report in PowerPoint format
- Complete set of frequency tables, summary statistics, and cross tabulations can be provided upon request
- Transcripts of qualitative interviews can be provided upon request
- Proprietary question slide deck: Clients purchasing report prior to fielding will have the opportunity to include up to three proprietary questions in each wave
Key Drugs Covered:
Aubagio (teriflunomide), Avonex (interferon-beta-1a intramuscular), Betaseron (interferon-beta-1b subcu-taneous), Copaxone (glatiramer ace-tate), Extavia (interferon-beta-1b sub-cutaneous), Gilenya (fingolimod), Lemtrada (alemtuzumab), Rebif (interferon-beta-1a subcutaneous), Tecfidera (BG-12), Tysabri (natalizumab)
Key Companies Mentioned:
- Bayer, Biogen Idec, EMD Serono (a Merck KGaA company), Genzyme (a Sanofi company), Novartis, Teva
TreatmentTrends®: Multiple Sclerosis (US)
TreatmentTrends®: Multiple Sclerosis (EU)
LaunchTrends®: Aubagio (US)
LaunchTrends®: Gilenya (US)
LaunchTrends®: Lemtrada (US)
DecisionBase®: Multiple Sclerosis-Relapsing Remitting
DecisionBase®: Multiple Sclerosis-Chronic Progressive
Pharmacor®: Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment Algorithms®: Multiple Sclerosis
Physician and Payer Forum®: Multiple Sclerosis
PatientBase®: Multiple Sclerosis in G7, BRIC, and MTS